Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Orange County, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Laguna Hills, Aliso Viejo, Foothill Ranch, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Laguna Beach, Irvine and San Clemente, California
What Our Customer's Are Saying
I want to thank Shelby and Patrick at Metro Coast for giving me the confidence to have them take care of my family's insurance needs. I had been content with my former provider and agent, but things were changing at that agency and I,m glad we had everything reviewed and updated with Metro Coast!
L. Jaenicke, San Juan Capistrano, CA
View More Testimonials
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000.
Thank you for your interest in Metro Coast Insurance Services, Inc. Ready to begin your watercraft or boat insurance quote? Use our quote form here. If you would like to speak with one of our insurance professionals you can contact us via email or call 949-238-6399. Our agents are ready to provide honest and fair policy and pricing options.
Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments.
Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
You should talk to your insurance representative about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.